Let’s cut through the nutrition BS!
You don’t need swanky superfoods, green smoothies, detox teas, matcha powder, goji berries or the latest fad diet to gain optimum health.
Here’s what you do need to be your healthiest you:
1. Get plenty of sleep – 8 hours for grown ups and 10 to 12 hours for kiddies each night
2. Drink plenty of water. The 8 glasses is a bit of a fallacy – the amount you need depends on the weather, temperature and humidity, the amount of activity you are doing, your age and gender. Our bodies are made up of around 60% water so you will need plenty. Use your urine as a guide – aim for it to be clear – if it’s yellow you need to drink more water!
3. Eat plenty of plant foods. Aim for around 50% of what you eat to be plants fruits, veges and legumes.
4. Eat when you are hungry, stop when you are not.
5. Exercise regularly in any way that you enjoy.
6. Practice self care every day, rest, meditate, do yoga, pilates, hang out with friends, laugh, do your nails, go bowling! Whatever works for you that helps you relax.
7. Enjoy your food!
8. Spend some time outdoors and with nature.